Student Fall Retreats
Three Separate Events
Students will have fun and be challenged! Each retreat is tailored for a specific age group so students connect to trusted adults who can help them navigate life issues, to peers who are walking right there with them, and to messages resonating with who they’re becoming.
One of a Kind – Who are you…really? It’s an important question because who you are, and who you think you are, will decide a lot about your life. It’ll impact who you hang out with, what you try, how you treat yourself, and how you treat other people. Long story short, your identity will determine the quality of your life now and in the future. That’s why during this retreat we’ll look beyond the labels and go directly to the only One who can verify who you are and who you were made to be. As we do, you may just find yourself stepping away from average, moving past what is “normal,” and into a life that is one-of-a-kind.
Check-in: Sat, Nov 7 | 8:30AM | Marion Campus Children’s Entrance
Oelwein Campus Students: Depart Fri, Nov 6 | 4PM (with Middle School Students)
Activities: main sessions, small group discussions, activities, games, fun & challenges!
Dismissal: Sat, Nov 7 | 4PM
Oelwein Campus Students: Return Sat, Nov 7 | 6:30PM (with Middle School Students)
Check-in: Fri, Nov 6 | 5:30PM | Marion Campus Children’s Entrance
Oelwein Campus Students: Depart Fri, Nov 6 | 4PM
Activities: main sessions, small group discussions, activities, games, and off-campus activity.
Overnight: Students will stay with their small group at a nearby hotel, with chaperones.
Clothes for sleeping and Sat, sleeping bag & pillow, toiletries
Dismissal: Sat, Nov 7 | 4PM
Oelwein Campus Students: Return Sat, Nov 7 | 6:30PM
Fri, Nov 20 | 3:30PM | Marion Campus Student Entrance
Oelwein Campus Students: Depart Fri, Nov 20 | 2PM
main sessions, small group discussions, activities, games, fun & challenges!
clothes for 3 days (outdoor/warmer and indoor/cooler clothes), sleeping attire, toiletries, sleeping bag & pillow, $ for two meals ($40 suggested).
Sun, Nov 22 | 4PM, | Marion Campus North Entrance
Oelwein Campus Students: Return Sun, Nov 22 | 6:30PM
We will follow these guidelines and precautions to reduce risk.
Please note: social distancing is not guaranteed for these events.
- Students must be without fever for 3 days and have no COVID symptoms to attend the Retreat.
- All students will be temperature checked upon arrival and again at lunch time. Anyone found with 100.3-degree temperature will be sent home.
- Marion Campus will be cleaned and sanitized for PreTeen and Middle School Retreats.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at each small group location.
- Large group gatherings will be spread out, with small groups distanced from other small groups.
- Group games will be limited in size.
- Reminders will be given to students to be wise in their interactions with others. No hugging, leaning on each other, etc.